The University Recreation Program is one of the largest employers on campus. Each semester over 200 students are hired to staff facilities and oversee intramural & fitness programs. While a majority of our positions are work-study funded, we do hire some part-time student help. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who enjoy working in a customer service centered atmosphere.
Jobs in University Recreation
- Building Supervisors
- Equipment Maintenance: Clean and maintain the equipment in the Marino Recreation Center & SquashBusters Center.
- Proctors (ID & Equipment Attendants): Swipe ID’s for incoming users of the facilities. Lock and Towel distribution.
- Office Staff: Answer phones. Answer questions of the patrons of the facilities. Handle ID problems.
- Group Fitness Instructors (Certification Required)
- Personal Trainers (Certification Required)
- Intramural Officials
- Intramural Statisticians
Jobs in the Athletic Department
- Athletic Operations Assistant – Work study only
- Lifeguards (Certification Required)
If you are a full-time student and interested in applying for any of the listed positions, please visit the Student Employment webpage. All of our jobs are listed under University Recreation (or Campus Recreation) – for Athletic Department jobs, see listings under Athletics. Just apply for one online, and you’ll hear from us in a few days. All of our hiring is done the week before each semester and the first week of each semester.